Salary: £27-30k full time (depending on experience) + pension
Start Date: ASAP
Location of work: London
Reports to: Director of Campaigns
Our editorial strategy is designed to provide accessible content demystifying both economics in the news, and the ways in which ‘the economy’ affects us in our day to day lives – from our housing situation, to our personal finances, to a political manifesto trying to win our vote with its economic policies.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to make economics more accessible, we’d love to hear from you
- A passion for news and and a deep understanding of current affairs
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Passion for the role of communication in democracy
- An ability to navigate political neutrality in an editorial context
- Excellent communicator with the ability to engage and develop relationships with a diverse range of end-users and professionals
- Curious, with an ability to think creatively and to challenge status-quo
- Creative writing style and and an eye for visual trends
- An understanding of the commercial aspects and drivers in the media landscape
- An ability to guide others with diplomacy
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter along with your C.V. to email@example.com by the deadline listed below. Economy welcomes applications from all members of the community. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer. We aim to accommodate special requirements wherever possible.
Interviews will take place at our offices in East London. A video interview may be possible by arrangement.
Application deadline: Midnight Sunday 22nd July
Interviews: Tuesday 24th to Thursday 26th July
Followed by a second stage recruitment process.
Offer made by: Friday 3rd August
Commencement date: ASAP