How to share your story with us
1. Make a video on your phone
Videos are a great way to get your story or experience across. Use your phone to record a short three-minute video.
2. Record a voice note
We appreciate that you might want to submit your story anonymously too. You can capture what you want to say by recording a short three-minute voice note on your phone.
3. Leave us a comment
If talking isn’t your thing, why not get down what you want to say in a few words? You can leave us a short comment of up to 300 words.
4. Work with us to write your own article
We’d also love to hear from community groups and leaders who might want to work with our team to produce a short 600-800 word article sharing your experience and views.
What sort of issues count as the economy?
At Economy, we’ve been talking about housing, health and care, mental health, community, work and pay, or the government’s decisions, so we’d love to hear what you think about these issues too. But you can talk about any topic that’s affecting you.
What sort of things should I talk about?
Help others understand about what you’ve experienced
- About your economic experience. For example, are you economically comfortable or insecure? What do you do for income, do you feel like you have a safety net if things go wrong, do you feel like you can meet your needs?
- Do you feel that your identity shapes your experience of the economy and if so how?
- How has coronavirus affected your economic situation?
Try your hand at being an everyday economist
- What are your/your communities economic needs and priorities? Have then been met over the last ten years? Can they be met during the coronavirus pandemic?
- Has the coronavirus pandemic made you change your views about the economy at all?
- How would you change the economy and why?
I’m not an expert on economics. Does that matter?
Not at all! We want people from all backgrounds and walks of life to share their economic views to show that everybody can be part of discussions on how we should run our society.
Will you publish my content?
We want this conversation to be as diverse and representative of people’s experiences and opinions as possible, but we do have some important things we need you to meet for us to publish your content.
Once you submit your content, one of our team will review your content to make sure it meets our guidelines. If it does, we’ll upload it on the website.
How do I make a great video?
Grab your phone, pop your camera on selfie mode and turn your phone on it’s side before you hit record. (Switching your phone to landscape makes it easier to share your story on our website). We can only publish videos that are under three minutes long.